Straight and Soluble Oils
International Chemical Company has been thoroughly researching, developing and expertly manufacturing advanced-technology straight and soluble oil rust inhibitors and preventatives for corrosion and oxidation protection since the earliest decades of the 20th century. Our economical rust inhibitors and preventatives are engineered with bases of highly refined solvents and mineral oils working in conjunction with powerful advanced-technology additives and very effective corrosion inhibitors to form straight and soluble oil corrosion inhibitors that significantly outperform the competition.
Straight Oils: For the corrosion and oxidation protection of components placed in long-term storage and those destined for transcontinental shipping, straight oil rust inhibitors and preventatives remain the industry standard. Straight oils are easy to use, provide consistent performance and are effective in many environmental conditions.
Featured Straight Oil Rust Inhibitors
- Anti-Rust 77-C is a safety solvent-based mineral oil blend that is combined with efficient organic corrosion inhibitors and water-displacing agents. AR 77-C is a barium-free rust inhibitor which is recommended for the oxidation protection of bright or polished steel surfaces due to its non-staining properties. It provides effective performance in acidic atmospheres and during brief periods of outdoor exposure. The residual film—which may be readily removed by alkaline cleaning solutions or by solvent degreasing—suppresses fingerprint corrosion and the oxidation of aluminum. AR 77-C is compatible with engine oil, making it an ideal choice for the oxidation and corrosion protection of manufactured internal automotive components. This barium-free rust inhibitor will also provide effective corrosion protection during brief periods of outdoor exposure.
- Anti-Rust 77-K is a barium-free, solvent-based mineral oil blend that is comprised of efficient organic corrosion inhibitors and water-displacing agents. It is highly recommended for use on highly finished steel and cast iron components, providing up to two years of protection for components stored indoors, uncovered. It is compatible with aluminum and engine oil, making it a good, economical rust preventative for automotive suppliers. Residual films are fingerprint-suppressing and self-healing, and if needed, easily removed via aqueous cleaning equipment or via solvent degreasing.
- Anti-Rust 121 is a medium-viscosity mineral oil-based rust and corrosion preventative that is engineered to provide long-term indoor storage protection to highly finished surfaces. It is particularly effective at preventing dark surface stains due to direct part contact under conditions of high humidity, condensation, and/or contaminated environment (e.g. exhaust gases, acidic mists, etc.). Residual films provide up to three years of indoor storage protection and are readily removed with alkaline cleaning solutions.
- Anti-Rust 121-A is a low-viscosity mineral oil-based rust and corrosion preventative that is engineered to provide medium- to long-term indoor storage protection to highly finished surfaces. It is formulated specifically for quick draining following application, increasing the economic value by minimizing drag-out from immersion tanks. Thinner residual films provide up to two years of indoor storage protection and are readily removed in aqueous parts-washing equipment using alkaline cleaning solutions.
Featured Soluble Oil Rust Inhibitor
Soluble Oils: ICC emphasizes the incorporation of the most advanced technology in our soluble oil rust inhibitors. By combining very effective bio-resistant components, advanced additive technology and unique emulsion packages, our soluble oil rust preventatives are better performing, cleaner, longer lasting and more efficient than any similar water-soluble rust preventatives available in the marketplace today.
- Anti-Rust 95 is a water-soluble rust preventative engineered to surpass traditional soluble oil rust inhibitors due to the use of advanced additive technology. It is formulated with a combination of select emulsifiers, film-forming mineral oils and powerful corrosion inhibitors. AR 95 is highly recommended for use as an in-plant rust preventative for periods of up to one year. The residual film is effective and self-healing, providing effective corrosion and oxidation protection.